Now, this is what you call EFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT .
And because of it, I actually have enough time to blog after my lunch break, niceee!!! I know I have neglected my Facebook and Twitter friends but I have alloted a certain time to catch up with them. It takes so much of my time to keep checking both social networking sites every so often.
Anyway, tomorrow is ASH Wednesday. I was surprised! Blame it for skipping last Sunday’s mass.
While munching my pork adobo rice over lunchbreak, I was mentally planning what to give up this lent. I really want to take this to the next level, read: Actually Sacrificing Something In Exchange Of Spiritual Growth. Here’s a rundown of the choices I had while making a mental plan:
- Chocolates. – no can do! These sweets are proven to be my stress relievers and uppers, I just cannot give that up. I might go insane.
- Facebook and Twitter. -not again, these sites keep me insane, yes, they take 2nd place hee hee.
- Gossip(ing), Gossip Sites and Negativity. -I’m only human, enough said!
- Coffee. -while I am not a coffeeholic, I doubt if I can survive without coffee in 46 days.
- Soda. -again, a beverage staple.
- Meat. -oh boy, I am Asian and I grew up eating all sorts of meat.
- Shopping. -I have actually planned out and made a schedule of when to purchase the items in my 2011 Wishlist , that’s just impossible .
And the winner is RICE!!! and by this I mean, any dish with rice, including maki, burrito and couscous boohoo!
Yes, I can do that, I did that for 1 straight year in preparation for my wedding and I was a whopping 100-lb, 5’3 girl, with a 25-inch waistline! I can do that again.
Now, why 46 days? Because, Lent this year will start on Wednesday, the 9th of March and will continue for 46 days until Saturday, the 23rd of April. Tomorrow, when I wake up, I will update my prayer notebook and make a prayer list of things I wish to be offered in this Lent sacrifice. I will also make a record of my current weight and find out after 46 days how much weight I lost from this (if there would be any).
If you haven’t thought about this yet, check out this Top 100 Things TWITTERERS are Giving up for Lent. Share yours too, I’d love to read about them.
LENT set go!
PS: (EDITED: Looks like I will abstain #3 too. I will try my very best! Removing celebrity/gossip blog feeds in my Google Reader now.)
PPS: (EDITED: I have added NO Meat (all kinds: pork, chicken, beef), NO Chocolates, NO Soda, and NO Junkfood in my Lenten Sacrifice)