December is coming in 2 days, are you ready?
I am! You see, I can’t wait for 2013 to come.
That, and the most wonderful time of the year happens to make even the grumpiest people happy hee hee. (insert: top gibson guitars playing on the side)
The year 2012 was not the best year for us (TGL, included), there were a lot of hurdles along the way, not to mention the roller coaster of emotions. However, if we try to look back and think about the blessings we received this year (highlighting MLS’ 7th birthday celebration in Florida + bringing my folks to NYC for the very 1st time), they override whatever unfortunate things that came our way. So yes, it was a great year and we are ending it with a more positive outlook. Feng Shui says that the Year of the Water Snake (which happens to be TGL’s year) sets the huge RESET button of our lives, meaning, it is the best year to begin, restart and make grander plans. As early as now, TGL and I can feel that 2013 is our year, we are excited, well, excited is an understatement, we are claiming it with God’s grace. We cannot wait for the Grander Plans that He has in store for us next year. Thus, we are leaving 2012 with a grateful and open heart.
…And since I still have a Thanksgiving hangover, let me reminisce what I am thankful for this eventful year of 2012:
- GOOD HEALTH for me and my family. I’ve been cleared from my Breast nodules + carpal tunnel, SUPER THANK YOU LORD! Aiming for better and healthy lifestyles at the beginning of the year, lead us to this. The discipline, consistency and determination were all worth it.
- JUICING + CALORIE-COUNTING + ZUMBA + JILLIAN MICHAELS.
- WEIGHT GOAL ACHIEVED! 110 lbs at the moment, pushing 105 before the year ends.
- RESTO-HOPS. TGL and I really loves trying out new restaurants, it became our hobby hee hee. Some of the Restos we tried this year include:
- Shake Shack
- The Cheese Shop
- Five Guys
- Red City Buffet
- Aroma’s Specialty Coffees & Gourmet Bakery
- Red Ribbon
- Fresh Market
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Joe Crab Schack
- Sticks Kebob
- Korean Express
- Pho 79
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Aria Pizzeria & Bar
- Bonefish Grill
- Yorktown Pub
- Riverwalk Restaurant
- Hightide Bar & Grill
- Crabshack of River James
- Honeybee Frozen Yogurt
- FOOD. Basing on the list of restaurants listed above, can you tell we’re a family of huge eaters? Anyway, I fell in love with Cherries, Key Lime Pie, French Macarons, Pancetta, Brookside Dark Chocolates in Pomenagrate & Acai Berry this year.
- HUBBY’s COOKING SKILLS. His new dishes this year include: Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Lambchops, Batchoy, Grilled Seafoods, Callos.
- WORK. Despite a lot of stress and hurdles, we are still blessed to be able to provide for our young family and even afford some life’s luxuries.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT + SAVINGS. Discipline and goal-setting made us easier to manage our financial blessings.
- THRIFTING + YARD SALES.
- 34th Birthday with my folks and boys.
- FLORIDA: Legoland, Disneyworld’s Magic Kingdom + Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Clearwater Beach
- NEW YORK CITY
- BEACH TRIPS: Yorktown + VA Beach
- Richmond & Chantilly
- Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey
- Washington, D.C.
- WILLIAMSBURG: Colonial Williamsburg, Merchant’s Square, Busch Gardens
- TV SHOWS worth noting: AMERICAN IDOL, OLYMPICS 2012, GOSSIP GIRL Finale, WALANG HANGGANG (yes, I got hooked on this) and I made TGL watch Pretty Little Liars with me tee hee!
- Arrival of BRADLEY, the newest member of TGL’s family.
- SEEING A RAINBOW after not seeing one for so many years.
- JESS ROBREDO!
- FISHING for TGL, MLS and their male buddies.
- FILIPINO FRIENDS in the neighborhood.
- TECHNOLOGY, specifically, Voxer, Simsimi (lmao!), DrawSomething, Camera+, Instagram (still), Facetime, iMessage, LoseIt!, JoyceMeyer App, BigDayApp, Disney Parks App, NYC Map, Subway NY App, BibleApp.
- MLS’ milestones: Sunday School (Sacrament of Reconciliation), Straight A’s at School, Lost a tooth for the first time on July 9 and the 2nd one on July 23.
- Lastly, thankful for the 5-month vacation of my folks which means Christmas and New Year will be extra special.
Again, thanks to MOMENTO App for making all these events in my life easier to consolidate. I might not be able to do my monthly highlights this year anymore due to limited blogging time, thus, this would suffice.