I was never really a fan of New Year’s Resolution. I may have written a few back when I was much much younger but I never really followed what’s on my list. Last year, I began a tradition of writing down my goals and planning out the year ahead on the 1st day of the Year, read: very early in the morning when everyone is still trying to catch up their New Year’s Eve lack of sleep. This was inspired by my friend’s (Irma) gameplan for 2011. I find it so helpful as I was more focused on what my goals are for the rest of the year. Although, I admit that when I was writing down my 11 Goals in 2011, I wasn’t being realistic as I put a lot of items in the list, more so, it was filled with flowery words.
This year, I will recycle some of the goals I aimed at achieving last year (obviously, most of the items were not met/achieved) and just list them down with short phrases. This way, I will be easily reminded of what my goals are in 2012.
EDIT: After more than 2 weeks, I have been sticking to these goals and have been consistent with my commitment. I guess I am off to a productive and more focused 2012.
- WEIGHT GOAL: 110 lbs. Food Portion Control + Regular Exercise. (in the process)
- DETOX for 1 Week + Fasting & Prayer 3x. (done with 1 Fasting&Prayer and another 1, ongoing)
- MEAL PLANNING for the rest of the year which would lead to more savings. (in the process)
- SAVE MORE. (would you believe me if I tell you that we were able to save $200 food budget because of successful meal planning for the 1st 3 weeks of the year?) (in the process)
- DRIVE or at least get myself a driver’s license.
- HABITS/VALUES to cultivate: GRACE & DISCIPLINE. (in the process)
- MANAGE SLEEP TIME. Sleep Early, Rise Up Earlier. (in the process)
- NO PURSE SHOPPING for the rest of the year. (OH YES, I CAN!)
- SEND OUT GREETING CARDS + THANK YOU CARDS. (in the process)
- EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES for MLS: Soccer, Taekwondo and Music Classes.
- CREATE AT LEAST 8 PHOTOBOOKS by the end of the year.
- WEST COAST OCULAR VISIT. (especially for TGL, more on this later)
PLUS (1) #13. JOBHUNTING in the WEST COAST.
I’ll stop at 13 because I know this list is way too much to accomplish in a year but yes, I am pushing myself and I believe I can do this. Now, all I need is a unified communications platform that would remind me if I am behind with my goals this year.