I am Back!
…back to reality.
…back to the grind.
…back to the old me and inspired!
I am actually writing this on the 1st day of February but for posterity’s sake, I back-dated it to January 31. Just had to emphasize that.
Anyhoo, I’ve been back to work for a week now but it took me really hard to adjust without my folks around the home, back to doing housechores (particularly, cooking and meal-planning, yikes!), re-organized our home as the other room was shared with my folks and my closet with my mom. So much had to be cleaned up and finally, our home is back to its serene cleanliness plus a very deafening silence at times.
It was hard getting back to our old ‘normal’ because in the middle of all these adjustments, we got hit by the nasty East Coast flu bug! First it was MLS, then me and finally , TGL. You can just imagine how bad the situation was at home for 2 weeks, we literally survived with food take-outs and deliveries. It was a first-timer for us as we never really get sick often, especially me and TGL. Most of the time, it would be just the lil’ boy but not all 3 of us, all at the same time! I guess after 5 years of Winter here, our bodies finally caved in and got hit! The upside of this is the fact that finally, TGL is officially convinced that West Coast is the place to be. Warmer, Happier, Closer to friends, family and home, err 12 hours away via plane. At least, my folks won’t have a hard time traveling to and fro, transferring planes with an almost travel time of 24+hrs. That, and I can just imagine how easy and economical it is to plan a trip home annually (me, day-dreaming hee hee).
I’m rambling but I just had to inject this: I never really felt this place is our home even if we’ve been here for 5 years. I felt that we had to be here for 5 (going on 6) years to mature, to learn and grow up. It was a good start-up place for newbies immigrants like us but nothing close to settling. Hopefully 2013 is the year that our plans to relocate to the West Coast will materialize, please pray with us!
To sum it up, I had a rough start this year not to mention that I’ve officially gained 8lbs! But that would not break my optimism for 2013. Let’s begin by listing my happy thoughts for January 2013.
There will always be something that can sour your day. All you can control is your own response. Don’t lose your joy. -Joel Osteen
- Of course, New Year Celebration with my folks tops this list.
- A surprise despedida lunch (including tuyo-haven’t eaten this for 6 years and homemade siopao!) for my folks prepared by loving neighbors, L & C.
- Les Miserables with my folks on their last weekend here. Truly, I’ve no words for the film! Aahhhhhh, I can watch it over and over again.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Reward card of $30.00! Did I shop too much last December to get this reward? Hee hee! I plan to buy a new pair of bikini for Summer.
- Couponing! I’ve started last quarter of 2012 and I am so regretting for not doing this early on because the amount of savings we are getting are just unimaginable! Planning on doing a blog entry on this one.
- Split Cam and Clone Apps. Made me sane on days I needed some laughter while battling homesickness.
- Great Grandma Brag book I got for $1 at the thrift shop. I can’t wait for my Grandma to see what I’ve prepared.
- Red Lobster, IKEA Food, Big Bowl, Red City Buffet, Papa John’s.
- Twilight Marathon, hee hee.
- American Idol, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Carrie Diaries-even if it bores me sometimes, I’m happy to add this to my favorite TV series.
- Make-up & Skincare Shopping: MAC Candy Yum Yum, MAC Brow Set in BoyGirl, Lancome Genefique + Blush and Lippie, Clinique Facial Scrub, Missha BB Cream, Naruko Skin Care and yes, I’ve promised myself that shopping stops on February onwards. I can do it! Planning on an entry on this too.
- Post-Christmas Gifts from Friends, particularly the Make-Up Forever Rock Forever Kit, iDie!
- Established prayer routine.
- iMessage, Whatsapp, Viber, Facetime, Voxer. Makes distance a lot easier to deal with.
- Baby news from one of my very bestfriends based in Chicago, weeeeee!
How was your January?
Ok, i’m outta here, gotta check this inetsoft.com for a reporting engine.