I assume the rest of my night will be long as TGL asked me to research on life insurance rates. I won’t blame him for bugging me at this time of the night as this has been in my procrastinator’s to do list for the longest time. At least before Chinese New Year, I would be able to clear out that list, including my Blogging to do list last year this month.
So how was 2011 for me, for us? and for you? If you have been an ardent reader of this blog, you would know that I was not as enthusiastic last year as I were in the previous years. It was not one of our best years. But guess what? As I was writing this entry (which took almost 3 weeks in the making), I realized I was too focused on the not-so-pleasant things err Divine delays, which covered up the amazing amount of blessings we received last year.
Indeed, 2011 was one of those years we received surmountable blessings we could never imagined receiving in just a span of 1 year.
***Thanks to MOMENTO App in my iPhone which helped me consolidate all the info in my FB, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr. It was easier to look back at the year that was.
- Welcomed 2011 with simple meals, all made by ME with my boys. All of us wearing blue as blue was the lucky color of the year.
- Discovered Instagram and fell in love with it. Life has been better.
- Woke up early on January 1, wrote my goals and hoped for a blessed 2011.
- MLS’ attended A’s birthday party at the Bounce House and E’s bowling party at AMF.
- Friendships amongst the neighbors/co-parents grew stronger.
- We started to purchase/invest on furniture that we could bring on our dream home.
- It was a cold Winter. MLS got sick.
- I fell in love with TGL’s steak and other home-cooked meals (with much emphasis on his plating expertise!).
- TGL and I started our sushi dates, World Market/Fresh Farm lunchdates.
- Surprise loots from Canadian friends arrived (Hello President’s choice chocolate chip cookies —the best!)
- Spent weekends doing crafts with MLS, cut his hair, enjoyed kindergarten letters assignments.
- TGL was busy changing the layout of our living room
- Started going to the Gym on the 31st.
- Purse purchase of the month: Gucci Joy Boston.
- TGL turned 34. MLS and I surprised him on the morning of his birthday.
- MLS’ first field trip: Post office & Pizza parlor.
- MLS’ reached 100th day of Kindergarten. They also had their Valentines day Celebration.
- 1st Beach Visit of 2011.
- So far, I have been consistent going to the gym.
- Year of the Rabbit sets in, MLS’ classmate gave us ampao. Amulets came in late.
- MLS fell in love with arts and drawing.
- I got sick.
- I have been consistent in going to the gym.
- TGL & I received a surprise mailed letter from MLS.
- Discovered veggie chips and ate plenty of tikoys.
- Registered MLS to Spring Soccer season game.
- Discovered Eve Pearl concealer and rewarded myself with Urban Decay’s NAKED palette.
- Purse Purchase: Louis Vuitton Speedy Damier Azur.
- Spring has Sprung! Rainy, Hot and Humid.
- Oprah countdown, recorded all of her last episodes.
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! MLS wore a Cat in the Hat -hat! They also had a mardi-gras themed school fair.
- Spring Soccer Season started.
- Utilized the apartment playground for MLS’ soccer practices.
- I got food poisoned err hello too much eating!
- Resto discovery: Smokin’ Joes. Pulled everything was yum-o!
- Changed curtains for a more Springy vibe at home. Spring Cleaning commenced.
- Gave up rice for Lent.
- MLS got his own very 1st piggy bank for some ‘serious’ (reward system) saving.
- MLS’ playdates with A were more often.
- MLS wore shorts to school almost every single day.
- Ran the lakeside almost everyday but saw snakes in there so we stopped going there.
- 16 years of togetherness.
- Make Up Indulgence: MAC Wonderwoman Collection and Benefit Benetint + Coralista.
- Purse Purchase: Longchamp ltd Ed Abre De Vie in White.
- MLS finally got his PSP go.
- MLS started to practice biking without training wheels. He biked, we ran in the park, in the village, in the beach etc…
- Bought books for MLS at the bookfair.
- More of MAC Wonderwoman ltd ed craze .
- After a long time, we went to Chuck E’ Cheese’s.
- Finished my Spring Cleaning particularly focusing on MLS’ toys.
- Lake side strolling where we witnessed geese hatching eggs and watching them grow. Which is of course right in time for MLS’ Easter egg hunt weekend hee hee.
- Received goodies from Beijing and Manila.
- Spent Easter Sunday at the beach and got sunburned!
- Royal Wedding madness.
- MLS turned 6! Celebrated his birthday at school and went out to Five Guys on the weekend.
- Focused on MLS’ Math and Reading skills.
- MLS Fieldtrip to the beach/YT.
- MLS’ Spring soccer season is over.
- Countless beach trips, more of running in the beach.
- Discovered 100 cameras in 1 app.
- MLS discovered lunchables, I discovered Magnums ice cream!
- I had a wonderful and memorable Mother’s day tea party at MLS’ school.
- Got surprised by my boys on the night of Mother’s day.
- We joined the community’s Children’s festival.
- My laptop died on me. Gave up the idea that I could still resurrect it so I had to transfer all my files to EHD and started to use the purple netbook.
- Spring Allergies attack. All 3 of us.
- More grilling on weekends.
- TRAVELLED to D.C. on the Memorial Weekend to meet up with A’s family and G.
- TGL Surprised me with a Marc Jacobs sunnies, right in time for the sunshiney season.
- Remaining days of MLS’ Kindergarten.
- Took photos of so many beautiful flowers while running/jogging/beaching and post-processed them through 100 Cameras in 1 App.
- Date nights with TGL at home. Hello Stella Artois beer!
- MLS’ field day at school.
- MLS’ recognition/awards day.
- iBook e-books overload.
- AWESOME long weekend spent at BOSTON. Food trip, reunion with friends back home, met online friends. Definitely a memorable trip, remarkable food, good company, beautiful city!
- Purse Purchase: Leportsac Travel bag/Make-up kit.
WORK-WISE: half of the year was fulfilling. nothing notable. was able to manage family life-work balance.